After the VAT adjustment notice comes out, there are several issues to pay attention to in tax refund:
The first information, effective from May 1, 2018, will be adjusted to 16% and 10% respectively for VAT taxable sales or imported goods, where the tax rates of 17% and 11% were originally applied.After May 1st, no more invoices with special VAT invoices of 17% and 11% should be received.
The second information, during the transition period on July 31, 2018, enterprises handling export tax rebates should pay attention to understanding the provisions of the transition period, and divide into commercial export tax rebates and production-oriented export tax rebates.
(1) Commercial-type export tax rebate enterprises
If the input VAT special invoice is received before May 1, 2018, and the export date of the customs declaration is after July 31, 2018, the tax refund can only be applied at the 16% refund rate. Yes, that's right, the VAT invoice you received is a 17% refund, but you can only get a refund at the 16% refund rate now.
The input VAT special invoice was received before the issuance on May 1, 2018, the export date of the customs declaration was before July 31, 2018, and the refund rate was 17%, and the tax refund rate was based on the 17% refund rate, which was the same as the original declaration of tax refund.
Some people have poor understanding ability, and may ask, when receiving the input VAT invoice on May 1, 2018, they will find two situations,
First, after May 1st, you receive someone else before May 1st, to your hand after May 1st, according to the above to apply for tax refund, the key to the previous problem is the export date of the customs declaration to distinguish the operation;
Second, if you receive a special VAT invoice issued in accordance with the new regulations after May 1, you will refund the tax according to the new tax rate, but what you need to understand in this place is that this is not divided into July 31, 2018, which is to declare the tax refund according to the new refund rate.
(2) Production-oriented export tax rebate enterprises
Production-type export tax rebate is simple, after May 1, 2018, their raw materials, auxiliary materials must not have 17% and 11% tax rates, production type is exempt from credits, no need to follow up items directly linked, as long as you usually according to the current month of export invoicing you will not have pain at all.
For exports before July 31, 2018, the export tax rebate shall be based on the principle of revenue recognition in the month of export in the current month, and the export tax rebate shall be based on the original application.
For exports after July 31, 2018, in accordance with the principle of invoicing and confirming revenue in the month of export in the current month, export tax rebates are based on the new application for tax refund, and income is not confirmed according to the invoice of the month of export in the current month.
Notice on the adjustment of VAT rates
Cai Shui  No. 32
The finance departments (bureaus) of all provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government, and cities with separate planning status, the State Taxation Bureau, the local taxation bureaus, and the finance bureaus of the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps:
In order to improve the VAT system, the relevant policy notice on adjusting the VAT rate is hereby notified as follows:
1. Where taxpayers engage in VAT taxable sales or import goods, and the original 17% and 11% tax rates apply, the tax rates shall be adjusted to 16% and 10% respectively.
2. If a taxpayer purchases agricultural products and the deduction rate of 11% originally applied, the deduction rate shall be adjusted to 10%.
3. Taxpayers who purchase agricultural products for the production, sale or commissioned processing of goods with a 16% tax rate shall calculate the input tax at a deduction rate of 12%.
4. For export goods that were originally subject to the 17% tax rate and the export rebate rate was 17%, the export rebate rate will be adjusted to 16%. The export tax rate for export goods and cross-border taxable behaviors that were originally subject to an 11% tax rate and an export rebate rate of 11% will be adjusted to 10%.
5. If a foreign trade enterprise exports the goods covered by Article 4 or the cross-border taxable acts mentioned in Article 4 of the sale before July 31, 2018, and VAT has been levied at the pre-adjusted rate at the time of purchase, the export rebate rate before the adjustment shall be implemented; If VAT has been levied at the adjusted rate at the time of purchase, the adjusted export refund rate shall be implemented. The export rebate rate before the adjustment will be implemented for the goods covered by Article 4 and the cross-border taxable acts involved in Article 4 for the sale of goods and sales by production enterprises before July 31, 2018.
The implementation time of adjusting the tax refund rate for export goods and the time for exporting goods shall be subject to the date of export indicated on the customs declaration of the export goods, and the implementation time of adjusting the refund rate for cross-border taxable acts and the time for sales of cross-border taxable acts shall be subject to the date of issuance of the export invoice.
6. This notice shall be implemented as of May 1, 2018. If the previous relevant provisions are inconsistent with the VAT rate, deduction rate and export refund rate stipulated in this Notice, this Notice shall prevail.
7. All localities should attach great importance to the adjustment of the VAT rate, make all preparations before implementation, as well as the monitoring, analysis, publicity and explanation during the implementation process, and ensure the smooth and orderly progress of the VAT rate adjustment. If you encounter any problems, please report them to the Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation in a timely manner.
Ministry of Finance General Administration of Taxation